Thursday 11 October 2012

and they are delivered

Bettie Page Dresses



My dresses arrived on Tuesday from Bettie Page. I had them delivered to my work and I went home at lunch time and couldn't resist trying them on. First the black dress with the white petticoat. It fitted great and was so fun to twirl in. I will need to wear a strapless obviously but I was just doing a quick change.

Alika Black Circle dress with a white crinoline. 
Taken in my lunch break in my bathroom.

 I also tried on the blue dress but couldn't get the zip up. So I put everything back in it's box and went back to work. After work I tried the dress on with a little help with the zipper and it zipped up. Problem was I could barely breathe. After some contemplation we worked out it was because I was taller than average so the waste was sitting higher on me. This meant that the smallest part of the dress sat on my ribs and not my waste. This is something I have never thought about before. Bettie Page has a 60 day return policy so I am going to do some thinking about it to decide if I'll send it back for a bigger size or not.

I forgot to take a picture of it though. It looked really nice. I just have to be feeling bold to wear it because of the bubble-ness of the bubble skirt. Be brave Elle, be brave!

The other night I went out to dinner with friends at Santa Fe in Subiaco. I had the chicken fajitas (Carona Pollo fajita) and for sweets I had the apple Chimichanga, which was devoured before a photo was taken.
The chimichanga was amazing but unfortunately the chicken was a bit dry and the cheese was in unappetising chunks.

Chicken Fajitas

I enjoyed the night. I have been there twice in the past and in line with attempting to be more bold and to allow more of my personality to shine through, I wore my bright red shoes and a new Jacket I picked up from Dotti.

Ruby Red Dorothy flats

Peacock necklace

Dotti Blazer

The next few days are going to be quite busy. I will be baking tonight for a work lunch tomorrow to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. I will also be baking cupcakes this weekend for a 60th birthday party Saturday night. So be prepared for some more food photos!

Until next time.
Love, love Elle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...