Wednesday 3 April 2013

and a 1950's inspired photo shoot picnic

and a 1950's inspired photo shoot picnic


Over the weekend myself and two of my friends went for a picnic in the park with a difference. We all love the 1950's style, so two of us dressed up in our favourite dresses while the other grabbed her camera, and we headed to Hyde Park in Highgate.

We had all made some picnic food and we set up for the picnic scene. None of us are professional models or photographers but we thought it would be a lot of fun and it was. It was a bit hard for our friend to direct us at the beginning and it was weird posing so much for the camera but as the day went on, we eased into it.

I started by wearing my 'I Heart You Frock' by Alannah Hill, my fascinator from Review and and my Lulu Pointelle Cardigan from Forever New.

How cute is the tea set? They are my friends.

We then changed to sparkling wine and OJ.




I then changed to less sensible shoes and removed the cardi my friend added a fascinator and heels as well.

One of my favourtite props was my parasol.
 I was given a few years back for my birthday.



Two photographers at once?

We then headed to Mueller Park in Subiaco.



Mueller Park has great paths to promenade down. I wish more people promenaded and perambulated.

This is one of my favourites.





Our final stop was Subiaco Common. Here we also did a costume change.
My next outfit comprised of my Bettie Page Alika Black Circle
dress with a white crinoline and my new sunnies
from Oh Henry! vintage store.




This dress was made to twirl!




We have many more ideas and a lot more outfits, so we are looking forward to doing it all again in a few months. I brought a new vintage rockabilly/western dress from the 1950's which I am dying to wear. So we will have to think of a location for that. We are also interested in doing a kitchen scene but that will be harder to work out how. all in good time!

Until next time.
Love, love Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...