Sunday 31 March 2013

and Vans Cafe - Cottesloe


and Vans Cafe - Cottesloe

After spending the morning at Cottesloe Beach taking photos of the Sculpture by the Sea we headed to Vans for breakfast. The view from our table wasn't that great. In one direction is the Cottesloe trainstation which isn't the prettiest trainstation in Perth. Another downside of the view in the other direction is how close cars can park to the seating on the sidewalk.

The cafe itself is quiet pretty and funky inside with lots of little quirks through out.



Seating heading out to the courtyard in the back. If I knew this area
existed before I sat down and ordered I would have sat out there.

Some cute shelves by the toilets.

Banana milkshake

Buttermilk pancakes, fresh new season strawberries, honeycomb butter

Hot potato cake, smoked salmon, poached egg, wilted spinach, lemon butter

Display case.


Deciding which macarons to buy.

We went with pistachio, cherry, lemon and hazelnut.

The pancakes were delicious but came out a little cold. The honeycomb butter was great but didn't melt because of the pancakes not being warm enough. I tasted my plus ones potato cake and egg and they were very tasty. His milkshake was also delicious. I just had a pot of English breakfast tea with my pancakes. The macarons were amazing. We ate them on the car ride home. The lemon one tastes like lemon meringue pie, the hazelnut one tasted like nutella and the pistachio one had a marshmallow filling. The cherry one was my least favourite but still was pretty yummy. Although I wouldn't have been able to pick the flavour if I didn't already know it.

Until next time.
Love, love Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...