Friday 26 April 2013

and Cranked - Leederville

Cranked - Leederville

Onward we pressed, the total kilometers slowly crept up. Riding down the bike path which followed the freeway south, was the worst part of the trip. The lovely weather which had followed us so far was replaced with wind and drizzle. We stopped once by an underpass to hide from the rain. Luckily it was only light and soon passed. I feel really sorry for the bike riders who commute from the north into the city. The bike path is pretty terrible for most of it and you cross over the freeway several times, one of which you have to stop at a traffic light. At times there isn't even a foot path and you need to ride on back streets. 

After the slowest portion of the ride, we finally left the cycle path and veered into Leederville and towards Cranked. We had been wanting to visit Cranked for a while now and it seemed a perfect opportunity to visit a bike orientated cafe while completing my mega ride. We sat out under an umbrealla and looked through the menu, happy in the fact that we were almost home.

Hot chocolate for me and a chai latte for my plus one.
Hot Chocolate $3.50
Chai latte $4

I ordered the Quesadilla.

Spicy South American marinated chicken breast with sliced tomato, 
spinach, roast peppers, cheddar cheese and tomato jam all wrapped in 
toasted pita with a side of guacamole. $16.50

My plus one ordered the Chicken Club.

Triple layered goodness with free range chicken breast, bacon, tomato, 
mixed leaves and garlic aioli. Served with a side of beer battered fries. $16.50


Umbrellas

Our trusty steeds

Bike parking.

I was very happy with the service at Cranked and all of the food was fantastic. The club sandwich impressed my plus one, but he had never had one before, still he enjoyed it. I gave it a try and also swiped some chips and I was pleased with them both. My quesadilla was very yummy with just enough spice to add punch to the dish without burning my over delicate mouth. I am not a fan of hot and spicy food and nor is the plus one. We are both pretty weak in the heat department.

I was still peckish and saw two plates of dessert head to another table so I headed inside to look at the dessert case. I found it tough to choose between the tart and a chocolate brownie so the waiter recommend the tart. So the tart it was and it was just the right size to share at the end of lunch. It was a delicious dark chocolate tart and the cream was just enough to cut through the richness.





Then for dessert we shared a chocolate tart.

Chocolate tart with cream from the display case.

We relaxed for a bit and then we decided it was time to make the finally ride home. On the way we spotted some old trains in a yard which we had ever seen before, even though we have ridden that road before.



Finally we arrived home with a grand total of 104km behind us. I was so happy that I had achieved a milestone in my riding, although I am in no rush to repeat the feat. So now I have ticked - Ride 100km in a day off of my 30 before 30, which equals three ticks off of the list. The next day I rested and worked on another 30 before 30 - Create a scrap book of my 20's. I know I am a long way off and my next birthday is creeping up on me, but I am pretty happy with what I have done so far towards my challenge.

Until next time.
Love, love Elle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...