Recipe from 'The Australia Women's Weekly Chocolate Cookbook'
Chunky Caramel Biscuit Bites
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Setting time: 1 hour
- 200g Milk Melts
- 2Tbs Golden Syrup
- 185g butter
- 2Tbs Cream
- 250g plain sweet biscuits, chopped
- 2 cups flaked almonds
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- 20g butter
- Grease and line a 19cm X 29cm square tin with baking paper.
- In a large sauce pan combine the milk melts, golden syrup, butter and cream.
- Stir constantly over a medium-high heat, without boiling, until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the biscuits, almonds and coconuts and stir until coated.
- Pour into the prepared tin and press flat.
- Make the topping by combining the butter and chocolate together in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the base and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Place golden syrup, melts, butter and cream in a sauce pan.
Chop up biscuits. It was Girl Guild cookie season so I brought some off of my niece.
Stir in coconuts and biscuits. Chop the coconut if you like into smaller bits.
Add in almonds. Again, you can chop into smaller
pieces if you like before hand.
Stir until coated.
Pour in to prepared pan.
Pour over chocolate topping.
Cut after refrigeration.
The golden syrup is the magic ingredient in this recipe. It creates the rich caramel flavour and makes this recipe a real winner. I can always judge a recipe by how many people request it again or ask for the recipe. This little beauty had several requests and as you can see, it is very easy to make.
Until next time.
Love, love Elle.